Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dear Mom and Dad

Just wanted to tell you that I had one of the best moments of my life today and it wouldn't have been so significant if it were not for you two. Today Ben and I took Aidan and Savannah to The Big E. Walking through the gates and around the fair was definitely the most surreal thing I've ever experienced. I was instantly transported back to a hundred memories of us there as a family when I was a kid and let me tell you NOTHING has changed! We walked through the buildings of living infomercials and craft carts, took Aidan on a camel ride, fed animals at the petting zoo, went to the farm building and saw the chick hatchery and all the veggies that won awards this year, checked out the clydesdale horses, went to the Maine building for a baked potato (but the line was over 60 minutes long so we opted to go eat in the Sam Adams Tavern in the old village they have set up), we went to the Midway and rode some rides and I got all nostalgic over the machine gun game (the one you used to play Dad where you have to shoot out the red star on the paper), OH and I saw the 50 cent birthday game! (I took pictures I couldn't help myself.) Aidan had an absolute
blast and we can't wait to take them again next year, continuing my(our) own family tradition.

So I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for an amazing childhood memory that I get to share and pass down to my children.

I still can't believe I took MY KIDS to The Big E today. Wow.

Love Always,
Sara





No comments:

Post a Comment