Thursday, July 9, 2009

A week of updates...

So...last weekend was the 4th of July weekend spent entirely at the lake house. I'll post a few shots from our rare and beautifully sunny weekend. It looks like its back to rain again. It doesn't even feel like Summer. It rained 25 days in June and July is not looking to be all that promising either.

In other news Jennise and I FINALLY finished painting the living room yesterday. I am paying for it today as my back, feet, and shoulders are very very sore. I don't know if it is entirely from painting or if my tossing and turning all night is a factor. I'm one day away from 33 weeks now and I am finding it very hard to get comfortable. It doesn't matter if I'm standing, walking, sitting or laying down I just can't seem to find a comfortable position. I feel like the baby has "dropped" a little bit since there is a lot more pressure on my lower stomach than there was before but it still isn't helping with the breathing. On a trip to Home Depot with Ben yesterday I thought I was going to pass out for a minute when we were standing in the checkout line. Luckily as always, something sugary or caffeinated did the trick in getting my blood pressure up and going.

Last night Ben and I also had our first "baby class" as Ben calls it. We met another great couple named Chris and Tama who are due within five days of us with a baby boy. The highlight of the class for me was when we watched "the video" and I had Ben on the right of me and Chris to the left of me and they were making the same groans and facial expressions it was hysterical.

The dreaded Statistics class is over I am just awaiting my final grade and psychological research started Tuesday. I wish there was a mini-break between classes. I feel like I am constantly trying to read chapters and get work done. This program is intense but I a so happy that it allows me to finish my BA degree in one year instead of two.

OH!!! Butler Hospital contacted me yesterday and I have been preliminarily accepted into their internship program for the Fall!!! Not only do I get to work in a psychiatric hospital but I will be in the clinical department working with patients!

Now I have something else to look forward to after Savannah gets here. AND this will set me up nicely for a paid position once I am done in March and maybe Ben won't have to work like a crazy loon.

No comments:

Post a Comment