Monday, July 19, 2010

Lady in Waiting

There are times when I really do wonder if the people in my life feel the same way about me as I do them.

For the second time this month I had plans with someone and was cast aside for a chance to get a wee bit drunk. As if all consideration and thoughtfulness goes out the window and I end up being the person who gets the short end of the stick. We made plans, twice. I got excited, twice. I arranged my day, twice. Only to be let down, twice.

I feel like I'm always waiting. Waiting for something to happen, waiting for something to go wrong, waiting for someone to get home, waiting for someone to call me with an invitation to go do something (which I normally can't anyway because I always have the kids in my care), waiting for the next day DH has off so we can spend some time together (not that this even matters because the XBox and friends also want his attention)...even married, I'm still a Lady in Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment