Monday, March 2, 2009

January/October 2008

Monday, January 5, 2009

WOW time flies

A lot has happened since my last post in October. Here's a quick recap....

I got married to my wonderful prince on november 22nd as planned and enjoyed an amazingly romantic 12 night honeymoon at the Caribbean Beach Resort in Orlando Florida, on Disney Property. It was gorgeous and there were hardly any children around, very nice resort indeed. We decided to spend the first 8 nights of our honeymoon alone and then we would move to the guest room at our friend Mike's house for the last 4 nights and call it our Partymoon catching up with our closest friends over dinner and drinks and our normal shennanagins. Literally had the time of our lives but we have to admit we were both missing the little monster back home by day 5, horribley missing him by day 8 and by day 11 I was crying. That aside it was the trip of a lifetime for us.

We were harshly shoved back into reality when we returned home and my job offer from the Alzheimers clinic was no longer good, they were actually laying people off now. Not to mention Ben's AMAZINGLY paying engineer job decided to cut his hours from full time, with no limitations on overtime to 24 hours a week max. Heartbroken, and defeating all viable options we had to turn to friends and family for help. Which we will never do again. If I wanted to be kicked while I was down and have salt rubbed in my wounds I can do that myself thank you. We decided AT THE VERY LAST MINUTE to go on our honeymoon, literally 4 days before the wedding, knowing that even though we didn't have a lot of money we were getting married and could work our asses off upon our return. I don't regret taking the time we did for us. We never have alone time, and it was perfect. Even if we did eat pizza and cheap food all week...I wouldn't trade our honeymoon for anything....except maybe our original honeymoon plans for Paris. ;)

December was a burden of news....my best friend went through hell and back with her husband, she is so strong, I could never do what she is doing. God bless her. One the morning of our family holiday party we found out that Ben's lifelong neighbor Graydon had passed away from a heart attack in the driveway plowing snow from the night before. I knew Graydon quite a bit more than I think people know. All summer when I go to have weekday lunches with Suzy in the back yard Graydon would always play with Aidan. Throwing a ball over the yards or just running around. He was such a warm hearted man. It is awful that less than a week before Christmas he passed away. I have made a few meals for Sheila his wife since then and actually have a lasagna sitting in the fridge that I am going to bring over tomorrow.

In more December news I found out 3 more, making 13 total women I know are pregnant!!! Including ME!!! I am so unbelievabley overjoyed and really made for the best christmas gift Ben and I have ever gotten. (Aside from pissing off the FL crew by moving our Ireland trip to 2010) In our first year as husband and wife the only thing we were able to give to one another was each other.....and it was perfect.

I started working on my first ever knitted patterns in December as well....a sweater for Jenny's baby and a blanket for Kristen's (although I have other surprises up my sleeve for her as well). She really has become a truly good friend. I am so lucky that we were able to put all our shit behind us, quite grown up of us if I do say so myself. :) Can't wait to see my first niece!!! Kristen is due Feb 25th! SO EXCITED!!!

Well I am going to attempt to try to get some sleep....insomnia is my middle name lately.

OH and I started another blog....TheRecoveringHousewife.blogspot.com

I am keeping it fairly anonymous and using it as a vent thread mainly ;)

Thursday, October 23, 2008

TEN!!

I post on this blog because it is a bit more private then the one I keep on Myspace, and a lot of my close friends are on myspace. I am so happy for the TEN women I know, that are a part of my life, that are preggers. And although I am psyched and so happy for every woman around me that is pregnant, I am more upset that I WAS and now I'm not. It isn't that everyone is having babies that bothers me....its that I WAS one of THEM.....

Its like going to the valentines day dance the day AFTER your boyfriend breaks up with you...your more upset that you were THIS CLOSE then that your single....that is the best analogy that I have.

Thats all on that.

But seriously, Ten, TEN women I know are preggers. It blows your mind.

We apparently were all super fertile in 2008....except me....who WAS and then wasn't.....
0

No comments:

Post a Comment