Thursday, May 28, 2009

1st Year Vow Renewal

Ben and I said at our wedding that we were going to renew our vows every year. Not a big public thing just something private and held just for us. We are going to alternate who plans it, I apparently have the odd years and he has the evens. This year for our first wedding anniversary we are going to New York City. I have already contacted a celebrant that will oversee our vow renewal and present us a certificate from the city of New York stating our re-commitment to each other and our marriage. I am so excited and happy that Ben is going to give New York City a try :)

Here is what I have planned so far;
Our hotel is the Best Western President Hotel, 234 W 48th Street in the theatre district of course. They just redid their rooms to be more mod and I LOVE THEM!
We haven't decided on where exactly to do the vow renewal yet, I am still researching places that would work for November in the cold but I am seriously considering Top of the Rock. "Top Of The Rock is an experience in history and scenery that culminates with unparalleled views of New York City from the newly renovated Observation Deck on the 70th floor of 30 Rockefeller Plaza, in the heart of midtown Manhattan at Rockefeller Center." We did decided we want to be true to the dorks that we are and we are going to go to Medieval Times for dinner and bottomless wine and beer on one of the nights lol. That's all for now. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the hotel! I wanted to renew our vows every year, but Curt will only allow me to plan it for every 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should have whatever friends are in that state join you for the ceremony. I'm just sayin' NYC is closer then RI and they have a better baseball team in NYC then in RI too.

    ReplyDelete